Friday, January 21, 2011

Homosexuality

Homosexuality is indeed a controversial issue. I did not grow up learning all these stuffs, not until I came to realize about the existence of lesbian, so close to my sight – in my high school SMK Convent, Klang. Well, I heard and was told about girls fancying girls and later on, was exposed to knowing that guys could fall in love with guys too!

Back then I was really naive, that’s for true. But until now, I cannot convince myself into accepting the fact that not only opposites attract, those of same elements could attract too! Nevertheless, I couldn’t and never will come to figure out how this work. For me, it is a sure thing that only one man and one woman make an item, not among themselves.

[Homosexuality gains acceptance in the Western but never in Asian regions]

Probably because America is a nation that worships absolute democracy, hence the permission for their people to indulge in homosexuality – one particular example is the marriage of Elton John and his partner, David Furnish. This is not going to happen in our country, or perhaps any other Asian countries.

But what I realized is that more and more people are seeking solace from similar gender. Why? I could highlight several primary reasons. One of the biggest being people claim that same sexes understand them better, without the argument and misunderstandings between two opposing genders. Men and women can never seem compromise through understanding because the interference of chemistry signals is too strong.

Some of them who were originally straight made such a turnover because they had awful past experiences with the opposite gender. Perhaps due to trauma, the fear and self-loving, these people deviated themselves to similar sexual category to avoid more hurting.

Of course there are many other reasons for such happenings, given that the world is becoming odder and weirder with humans attempting stuffs that go against the norm. But whatever it is, I favor the respect for religion and my parents – better alone than being homosexuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment